Rectifier Request Guidelines
By providing us with the most detailed information possible, we are better able to provide you with a quotation for one of our rectifiers that will most closely suit your requirements. If you receive a request with an associated specification from your customer that is technically unclear or incomplete, please contact your customer for clarification. Rather than passing an incomplete request to us, it is best to request a clarification immediately as timely delays can occur due to missing or erroneous request information. If you require any technical assistance with a quotation request, please feel free to contact us. If you are working on a large project and require special “project pricing”, please contact us to discuss this in further detail.
- Please note that is more economical to request a rectifier with a single AC input rating (i.e. 115 VAC only) if that is all that is required because a dual input unit (i.e. 115 / 230 VAC) is more costly.
- Please note that the “tap switch” and “variable transformer” types of control are typically only economic for small DC output current/wattage rectifiers and are not recommended for dusty or atmospherically corrosive environments.
- Consult our product specifications and brochures for the IRT rectifier model types and features that may best suit your application (and contact us if you have any questions).
When requesting a rectifier quotation or ordering a rectifier without having already requested a quotation, we require the following information supplied with your request/order, to provide you with a prompt and accurate response.
1. AC input voltage, phase, & frequency available at the installation site.
2. Minimum required DC output rating (voltage & amperage).
3. The type or types of adjustment/control required for the rectifier. We offer the following types:
a. Constant Voltage Control, Tap Link Bar Adjustment (Manual Control Mode)
b. Constant Voltage Control, Tap Switch Adjustment (Manual Control Mode)
c. Constant Voltage Control, Variable Transformer Adjustment (Manual Control Mode)
d. Constant Voltage Control, Electronic Potentiometer Adjustment (Automatic Control Mode)
e. Constant Current Control, Electronic Potentiometer Adjustment (Automatic Control Mode)
f. Constant “ON” Potential Control, Electronic Potentiometer Adjustment (Automatic Control Mode)
g. “IR- Drop Free” Potential Control, Electronic Potentiometer Adjustment (Automatic Control Mode)
(Important Note: More than one control mode can be supplied in a single rectifier unit but only one potential control mode (e or f) can be selected per unit.)
4. Type of cooling required (air-cooled or oil-cooled (by natural air convection) are available).
5. Special enclosure requirement (for situations where our standard rectifier enclosure type, construction and/or finish may not be suitable for your application):
- Sealed (non-vented) type enclosure (i.e. NEMA 4 or 4X)
- Special enclosure coating or material (i.e. hot-dipped galvanized or stainless steel)
- Type of mounting required (i.e. base mounting)
6. Any optional or special features required such as an alarm, interrupter, auxiliary output circuit, extended operating ambient temperature (above 45°C), non-standard number of transformer taps (other than 5-coarse & 5-fine), etc. For more information, see the complete list of optional features available on the Products page.
7. Preferred IRT Model type (if known) or other rectifier manufacturer’s model code.
Product Model Limitations (Benchmark and Utility Series)
The following product series limitation notes should be taken into account when considering the Benchmark or Utility series rectifiers.
Benchmark Rectifier Series:
- DC Output Ratings Available: Maximum 100 volts / 34 amperes / 2250 watts.
Electrical certification and construction methods for this series limit the available DC output rating as noted above. DC ratings that are lower than these values are acceptable. Should a higher DC output rating be required, an Advantage series rectifier should be selected instead.
- Three-phase AC inputs are NOT typically available for this series.
- Due to the design and construction of this rectifier series, most optional features are still available for this series but some notable options that are NOT available are:
- B (base mounting legs)
- F (hot-dipped galvanized finish (other enclosure finishes may be available))
Utility Variable Transformer Rectifier Series:
- DC Output Ratings Available: Maximum 40 volts / 8 amperes.
Electrical certification and construction methods for this series limit the available DC output rating as noted above. DC ratings that are lower than these values are acceptable. Should a higher DC output rating be required with variable transformer type adjustment, a “Qa” option (“Qa” = non-standard adjustment method) would need to be added to either an Advantage or Benchmark series rectifier and this may then require additional certification costs.
- Single-phase AC inputs greater than 230VAC, three-phase AC inputs and dual AC inputs are NOT available for this series.
- Due to the small, compact nature of this rectifier series, available optional features are very limited. Consult the factory.