This series of rectifier stands as a “sentinel” to guard your assets from corrosion and ensure the operator selected output level is maintained. This rectifier series is widely customizable to meet a broad range of client requirements. For applications where precise and stable output voltage and/or current control are required, the C.P. Sentinel series is the one for you.
The C.P. Sentinel (Current/Voltage) Series rectifiers are available with air-cooled or oil-cooled type construction.
C.P. Sentinel Air Series:
- The standard C.P. Sentinel Air Series enclosure is constructed from 12 gauge mill-galvanized steel with a white fusion bond polyester powder coating and conforms to a Type 3R rating. Alternate enclosure materials and finishes are available including 11 gauge hot-dipped galvanized types and 0.125” marine grade aluminum types (bare, painted or anodized).
- The C.P. Sentinel Air Series allows full access to the internal components of the rectifier via three hinged and removable doors on the standard enclosure (front and both sides). The rectifier components are assembled onto a single removable frame type assembly.
C.P. Sentinel Oil Series:
- The standard C.P. Sentinel Oil Series enclosure is constructed from 12 gauge mill-galvanized steel with a white fusion bond polyester powder coating and conforms to a Type 4 rating. Recommended alternate enclosure materials and finishes are available including 11 gauge hot-dipped galvanized types. Optional instrument end-housing enclosures are also available.
- The C.P. Sentinel Oil Series allows access to the internal components of the rectifier via a single top hinged lid on the standard enclosure. The rectifier components are assembled onto a single removable frame type assembly and the rectifier bridge specific components are assembled onto a separate frame that can be removed independent of the main frame if required. All major heat generating components are submersed below the oil level in the enclosure. An optional instrument end-housing enclosure to house the rectifier controller, input circuit breaker, meters and connection terminals is recommended.
C.P. Sentinel Air or Oil Series:
- As the required AC input voltage and DC output voltage and current ratings can vary widely based on the geographic region and application, the C.P. Sentinel Series has the flexibility to meet the majority of requirements.
- The C.P. Sentinel (Current/Voltage Control) Series rectifier utilizes our revolutionary VI-Sentry controller (or Tri-Sentry controller, for three-phase applications) to automatically adjust the rectifier DC output to maintain the DC output current or voltage level selected by the operator. The Sentry controller provides near infinite output adjustment steps and exceptional DC output stability (within +/- 2% of the selected current or voltage set point).
- The interruption of “automatic” control type rectifiers has historically been a nightmare due to the “over shoot” or “spiking” of the rectifier DC output level as the rectifier controller strives to maintain the pre-set DC output level immediately following the interrupt “OFF” cycle. The “over shoot” issue would affect the ability to accurately measure structure-to-soil potentials during CP performance evaluation testing. In certain instances, it even resulted in damage to the rectifier itself. However, thanks to our revolutionary Sentry series of controllers (Sentry, VI-Sentry and Tri-Sentry); this is no longer an issue. Our Sentry series of controllers incorporate innovative “anti-spiking” circuitry that ensures the rectifier returns to the established set point immediately (and cleanly) after the interrupt “OFF” cycle thus eliminating the “over shoot” issue.
- The C.P. Sentinel Series includes two continuous reading meters for monitoring of the DC output voltage and current.
- High energy surge/lightning protection devices come as a standard feature on the AC input and the DC output of all C.P. Sentinel Series rectifiers. These provide excellent protection for all but the most extreme surge and lightning prone areas. Should the application require even more advanced surge protection, other optional devices can be made available as well.
- For those applications where optional features will be beneficial, the C.P. Sentinel Series has a wide variety of useful optional features that can be incorporated. Some common optional features that, if ordered with the rectifier, can save our clients valuable field time include operational status alarms, built-in GPS synchronous DC output interruption and remote monitoring equipment.
|Product Data Sheet
|C.P. Sentinel (Current/Voltage Control) Single-Phase Operation Manual
|CP Sentinel (Current/Voltage Control) Three-Phase Operation Manual